Astor Place Slashing Suspect Nabbed, Charged With Attempted Murder: PD
The unprovoked slashing happened Thursday evening near the iconic Astor Place cube, police said. Steven Johnson, a homeless man accused of attacking a 30-year-old man near Astor Place, New York, has been charged with attempted murder and assault. The victim sustained a large laceration to the back of the neck and shoulder area and was transported to NYC Health and Hospital/ Bellevue Hospital in stable condition. Johnson is accused of using an "unknown sharp object" in the unprovoked attack.

发表 : 10 个月前 经过 Nicole Rosenthal 在 General
NEW YORK, NY — A homeless man accused of slashing a 30-year-old man near the Astor Place cube on Thursday evening was nabbed by police this weekend, authorities said.
Steven Johnson, 35, was charged with attempted murder and assault Saturday night in connection with the slashing outside the Chase Bank in the NoHo plaza last week, police said. The victim sustained a “large laceration to the back of the neck and shoulder area” in the attack and was rushed to NYC Health and Hospital/ Bellevue Hospital in stable condition, police said.
Johnson is accused of using an “unknown sharp object” in the unprovoked attack, which happened about 5:30 p.m., police said. “Gentleman was on the floor holding his neck, blood everywhere. Hunched over. Shirtless. Holding the back of his neck. Very big pool of blood,” one witness told ABC7.
话题: Crime, Murder